To judge whether the SAIQ bearing is damaged, these methods must be used
"How to judge whether the bearing is damaged and what are the methods to identify the bearing failure" and other related issues are common problems that many people need to deal with in the process of using bearings. SAIQ Bearings tells you about these problems based on years of understanding of bearing knowledge, and we can solve them by following a few tips.
In the regular inspection of SAIQ bearings, after which parts are damaged, the bearings cannot be used, that is, new SAIQ bearings need to be replaced.
1. There are cracks and fragments in any of the inner and outer rings, rolling elements, and cages.
2. Any one of the inner and outer rings and rolling elements is peeled off.
3. The raceway surface, ribs, and rolling elements are significantly stuck.
4. The cage is severely worn or the rivets are loose.
5. The raceway surface and rolling elements are rusty and scarred.
6. There are significant indentations and marks on the rolling surface and rolling elements.
7. There is creep on the inner diameter surface of the inner ring or the outer diameter of the outer ring.
8. Discoloration is severe due to overheating.
9. The seal ring and dust cover of the grease-sealed bearing are seriously damaged.
When SAIQ bearings are in operation, how to identify whether the bearing is damaged or not, there are mainly the following three identification methods:
1. Recognition by voice
Recognition by voice requires extensive experience. It must be fully trained to be able to distinguish between bearing sounds and non-bearing sounds. For this reason, a dedicated person should be used to carry out this work as far as possible. You can clearly hear the sound of the bearing with a listening device or a listening stick attached to the shell.
2. Identify by working temperature
This method is a comparative identification method and is limited to occasions where the operating state is not very changed. For this reason, the temperature must be continuously recorded. When a fault occurs, not only the temperature rises, but also irregular changes.
3. Identify by the state of the lubricant
The lubricant is sampled and analyzed, and judged by whether foreign matter or metal powder is mixed in the degree of contamination. This method is particularly effective for bearings that cannot be observed close or large bearings.